Monday, April 18, 2011

Foot: Chronicles of Narnia

I believe The Chronicles of Narnia was the first series I read as a child that I really enjoyed and it still has a place on my book shelves. Actually, I need to buy a new copy because mine is falling apart. A lot of times, I'm not a huge fan of film adaptation of books because I usually find think the book is better. However, I love the new Narnia movies that are being made and I almost like them better than the books. I re-read the series a few months ago and while I definitely still enjoy them, the movies just work better for me.

I bought the newest movie (Voyage of the Dawn Treader) when it came out and then put it aside because I had to get more homework done. Well, that worked for about a day and then I popped it in and instantly got swept into Narnia. I didn't really think that much of Ben Barnes in this movie, although I'm not really a fan of his character anyway so that's probably a part of it. I thought Eustace was amazingly well cast. Will Poulter did an amazing job starting off as a little, annoying boy and transforming into a mature young man. Skandar Keyens and Georgie Henley were really good, just like in the previous movies. I like being able to watch these two actors grow and mature as actors. I can't really explain it, but it's not the same (for me) as watching the Harry Potter actors grow up. I think it has something with how I feel that Keyens and Henley were already well on their way to being good actors when they started out. I watch the first HP movie and try not to laugh, but I don't do the same with the first Narnia movie. I don't think that really makes sense, but oh well. And I love that Carrie Underwood's song is in the credits.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen any of the movies except for the first one, and I loved it. I'm hoping to re-read the books this summer and watch the rest of the movies that are out so far. My parents read these books to me growing up and I read them on my own several times and they never lose their magic for me. The movies are so well done but I still love the books better =) I can't wait to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! It's my second favorite book in the series.

    ReplyDelete