Sunday, January 30, 2011

Foot: Gnomeo and Juliet

Say what you like about Shakespeare, his play are really easy to twist and modernize. The latest incarnation, at least as far as I know, is "Gnomeo and Juliet." I really want to see this when it comes out. It looks so cute and I love watching different adaptations of his plays, although "Romeo and Juliet" is one of my least favorite plays. The movie looks like it will follow the plot pretty closely, it's just with gnomes and is a cartoon.

I first heard about this when my sister came running up from the basement to tell me she just watched a commercial about gnomes. She didn't say anything else, so I just figured that it was a commercial for lawn care or something where there were gnomes talking. I then saw a commercial for the movie and I think it will be a movie worth seeing at least once. The first URL I posted is the information about the movie on IMDB. The second is a trailer on youtube that I encourage everyone to watch. Even if it's not a movie you want to see, I bet you'll laugh at something.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377981/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_L_5vrHoWQ

1 comment:

  1. This is just another aspect of the timelessness of Shakespeare's plays and the fact that multi-modality isn't just something experienced in classrooms, it's all over the place.

    ReplyDelete